View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 04:16 PM   #7
zowiandnikasmom
YT 500 Club Member

hi there. thanks for sharing the pics of reese, she is adorable!!! sorry reese has been diagnosed atypical cushing's but glad that at least you have finally found out what is going on with her. LJ sent me a message and hope i can help... i remember being exactly where you where and so confused. i'm glad your vet explained everything to you. i also had to have a long meeting with zowi's dr at the beginning of all of this! compared to zowi's acth results in the beginning of her treatment, those numbers are not bad at all. reese's cortisol is not elevated which is good, u of tenn usually recommends melatonin and lignans together when estradiol is elevated. is reese also going to start hmr lignans? zowi takes both melatonin and hmr lignans daily for elevated sex steroids, including estradiol, and does very well on them and isn't "out of it" or any other ill effects at all. a cheap reliable (recommended by u of tenn) source of both is found here.
Vitamins and Supplements, Natural Health Products, Organic Foods - Swanson Health Products

this link will take you to one of my threads here that have one of zowi's first acth stim results from the university of tennessee if you would like to compare.
http://www.yorkietalk.com/forums/sic...-cushings.html

my GUESS is that the eye ointment reese is on could contain steroids and that is why the vet is concerned with the continued use of it?

this is the list of treatment option considerations from university of tennessee... this is what they mean by the 2 and 4 in the comment section of the stim results.

http://www.vet.utk.edu/diagnostic/en...ings201107.pdf

i would suggest that you join this yahoo group, as it is full of information and experienced people who can answer just about everything. i am also a member there but i do not post frequently.

CanineCushings-AutoimmuneCare : Cushing's Syndrome | Autoimmune Disease

zowi had a little skin infection on top of her head that was causing her to rub her face and eyes on things. she was treated with simplicef and it cleared up in a week so possibly that could be the case with reese?

please keep us updated on how things are going. sounds like you're doing everything you can for your pretty little girl. sending hugs to you and reese.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!