View Single Post
Old 01-19-2006, 06:02 AM   #11
diva pup
BANNED!

I just hate to see things get blown out of proportion. I have a 9 lb yorkie and I have a 2 lb yorkie. Certainly I am more careful with the activities of BOTH of my yorkies in comparison to the German shepherd I have. There is no disputing that tinies have special care issues. They are VERY small.
And while I agree that breeding for tinies is WRONG, do not just assume that they all have more health problems. A yorkie, any yorkie is a small dog and not the pet for everyone. If you are looking at buying a tiny you are better off looking at the breeder and his/her ethics first then the size of the dog. Many responsible breeders have "accidental" tinies. They do not breed for them, they just happen. My Mignon is one of those accidental tinies. (As an as aside, Mignons mother produced 2 tinies in her 2 litters from different fathers. She has since been spayed and placed in a pet home.) So while I am against intentionally breeding for tinies they do happen and IMO a well bred dog is a well bred dog period. Yes, you have to be more careful for their whole lives, common sense tells you that, but to group them all as one is not right. (There is nothing amiss with either Mignons eyes or her intelligence.)
On the other hand, I have an aquaintance thet intentionally went looking at tiny breeders, her dog is a walking health issue.
diva pup is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!