View Single Post
Old 01-19-2006, 05:57 AM   #9
crystalsmom
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaspermom
Gina, I can imagine that you do get a little irritated when you have had such good luck with your little one. I am thinking because of all the good care you have given her, including her special food and glucose treats, she will be well and happy her entire life. But for people who don't know or care about giving tinies special food or glucose treats, I am guessing they have more problems than you.

I bet that on the average, though, if you were to keep statistics on a 2 pounder next to a 6 pounder, there is more special care for the 2 pounder than the 6.

All the people who have posted here that have tinies are posting the ones they have had good luck with. How about the tinies that people bought that did not make it to their 1 year birthday? I am guessing there may be a lot of those. But those people may not post. Over all, I understand that the larger pups are generally more healthy, and therefore, easier to care for. I don't mean to play devil's advocate here, JMO.

All that being said, I would LOVE to own a teeny one!! They are adorable!! I would just know straight up that there may be more challenges, but with YT by my side, I would certainly be up for it!
I agree completely. I looked at them when we had the thread for the man that wanted yorkies to model and I fell in love with them but my reservation although
I think I would be able to care for one would be if they need teeth cleaning(which they would) or need surgery
the danger would be great.

Gina, welcome to yt and I must tell you my grand daughter went to Spain in her
senior year of high school and she never stopped talking about it, really it's a
wonder we got her home. She said "Nana, you would love it there. The ladies
run around all dressed up on cute little motor bikes with yorkies in the front basket
of their bike. I guess they are as popular in Spain as here.

crystalsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!