View Single Post
Old 03-03-2012, 07:21 PM   #2
lynzy420
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinKash View Post
first time poster here,

I have a small boy yorkie, 2.2 kg about 4.8 pounds, and only a year and 3 months old. He's been having trouble opening his right eye and seems to be constantly squinting through it. My girlfriend gave him a hair cut around his eye and gave him a bath and gently cleaned that area around the eye. He's not crying or seems to be any pain. Also his vision seems to be fine as well. Acting normal, appetites normal as well.

Im thinking either allergies or some sort of uni-lateral trauma. I was wondering what kind of first-aid I could apply to give him any relief until I can take him to the vet in the morning.

Thank you for any help!
PLEASE don't self medicate the eyes, infact I beg you not to. Please make an appointment with your vet asap. They are able to examine the eyes with a special "looking at eye thing", there are so many things that could be wrong and could cause permanent damage and blindness if not treated properly.

Your pup is very young so it needs to be checked out, please.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!