Thread: Spay question
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2012, 07:40 AM   #5
NewYorksBrandy
YT Addict

Brandy just was spayed almost a month ago.. I didn't feed her late the evening before. I made sure I cleaned her area really good with a mix of bleach and water.. I washed her blanket and had it ready for her..The morning of I took her for a good walk she when twice and then I took her in... I did ask about pain meds but the tech gave her a high dose so she was just fine.. when she saw her blanket she cuddle right in it and fell a sleep.. I used the econe for that first day and for bed..but I got a few new baby onesies and a belly band so she could be free from the cone. the kiss cone is cute and easy to.. i wish I got one for Brandy because it looks confortable.. if you want to get one you can buy one here one of our other mommies make them.. as for getting your pup to stop jumping I gave Brandy a short walk in the morning.. then feeding play for 25min potty and rest... then I woke her up made her go potty again then some more play and reminding her not to jump.. then rest again.. woke her up again then short walk and night feeding then little play and then bed time by 8:30pm she was good.. only thing is she forgot her potty training so I had to start over again.. I feel if you keep to your normal routine everything will be well.. lots of rest is the best.. and healing time will go by before you know it..
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!