View Single Post
Old 03-02-2012, 11:09 AM   #7
ralagna
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiemom1 View Post
I would ask your vet if he knows the incidence of lepto in your area...if he does not, ask him who does, that you need that information to use in your decision. Also, the health of your particular dog must be factored into the equation (see kjc and Ellie May above). I PERSONALLY do not risk it for my dogs, and most vets down here do not push giving it, especially to Yorkies and toy dogs....I had ONE person I sold a baby to, had cautioned her against the vaccine, her vet told her it "was perfectly safe, dont worry"....I had told her if she had a vet that insisted on giving it, to premedicate with Benadryl prior to the vaccination, wait 20 minutes, give the vaccine and wait around the vet office for at least 30 minutes.....she did none of the above, got the vaccine, left the vet office, and before she got out of the parking lot, her baby had an anaphyllactic reaction to the vaccine and they were not able to save her baby. (This baby was in perfect health, no compromised systems at all). You read everything you can on this vaccine, knowledge is power, and YOU are your baby's advocate.
He said that it just has become more common. He did not give specific cases though. That is so sad that that poor baby died from it! I do not think I will do this it makes me too nervous.
ralagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!