Thread: Bath question
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2012, 09:15 AM   #9
navillusc
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiefromnj View Post
Sounds pretty much like i do it, except Maggie seems to love the taste of soap. I try not to get it where she can actually lick any, but she loves to lick us after we wash our hands and I think it is the soap. I think she does like the shampoo when she can get some of it.

My girl HATES the hair dryer. She will squirm away from me like her life is at stake. I towel her off really good and then she runs crazy through the house wiping her face all over the carpets. It is the funniest thing!

lol I know the squirm! You'd think I torture mine on an hourly basis if you saw them squirming like that! lol

I think so, too...that you do pretty much what I do. I saw your post after typing mine up. You described it as making a 'dam'...which is what I do. I use the hand to hold down their floppy ears against their head and firmly on top of their heads. I also spray a bit of water under their eyes on the lower part of their muzzles, holding them still for the .002 seconds it takes to do it.

Mine do the 'plowing' thing, too...so hilarious to watch...they just go mental...lol, but we don't have carpet so they plow on the sofas or the bed. Brody rubbed an eye once plowing after a bath and ended up trembling a few hours later with an eye crusted shut. I put opthalmic (is that the word) ointment right away and he was fine the next day.

Mine will lick anything on their faces during a bath, which grosses me out...so I don't give them anything but water that they can lick...and I worry about them shaking the soap into each other's eyes, etc. I do not know if they like the taste of the soap or not...hope not...I just don't want them to eat it. I clean floors, cabinetry, etc. with water, and/or vinegar, and/or steam combinations instead of household cleaners if at all possible because I have never liked the idea of a pet walking on that ick then licking it off their paws. I don't even let mine walk across parking lots or streets...not even on store floors...bad enough they walk on sidewalks.

I never put their top knots up until after they are all plowed out. Mine don't mind the dryer too much though...Mia likes it less than Brody...but I got them an Andis QuietAire 1875 with the base and it is quieter than my 1875 watt hair dryer that I was using on my hair and used to use on Brody before getting the Andis. Since I do both kids at once...cuts my time doing baths in half , after wrapping them up in towels, then letting them shake off...they get pretty dry that way, I pull the dryer out of the base and keep it swinging while they plow on a thick soft towel on the counter, and shower me with the shake, rattle and roll. I keep my hand between them and the heated air so I know what they are feeling on them, and reduce the heat/air as they dry. Faces are always last with the lowest setting. Mia doesn't much like the face being done, although I never blow it in their faces anyway...just on top and under their chins. Brody will come and sit pretty for me with his head up so I can make him handsome! I put it in the base and point it at their feet at the end while I brush them out...the feet are the last to dry, and I leave them just slightly not completely dry dry for brushing. They look 'matte' until after they are completely dry, then they get so soft and shiny!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!