Thread: Bath question
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2012, 07:51 AM   #6
navillusc
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

I wash both pups at once...each in its own half of my divided kitchen sink. I mix a gentle 'tearless' shampoo solution in a squeeze bottle but only put the shampoo solution, and conditioner, on their heads from the ears back and under their chins...no shampoo in any 'lick' position or around their eyes or on top of their muzzles. I rinse with the kitchen sprayer...which I can make 'harder' or 'softer' by adjusting the water flow at the faucet, tipping their heads back and covering ears and making a barrier with my hand so ears and eyes forward do not get water run-off at all, then 'squeezee' the water down the backs of their heads. Between the eyes and on top of their muzzles I use my hands and warm water only. I do their eye area and muzzles last after all else is rinsed off of them. I also take a small fine tooth comb, angled away from their eyes at the muzzle and comb the eye-boogies downward and out of their tear area. I do this part daily to minimize/eliminate staining. It sounds complicated, perhaps, but is really quite fast and easy. I, of course, kissy all over their little faces during their snuggle-washes!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!