Thread: Jazzie Update
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 05:44 PM   #12
Beabble
YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracielove View Post
I guess I missed that she had been sick. Was it a UTI? I haven't heard of a vet using removable stitches in years. All the vets around here use the self absorbing kind for spaying. Apparently some vets still use the other kind.
Hope little Jazzie keeps improving and staying well.
Yes, she had a UTI and her incision was infected as well. I had no idea because it wasn't red, swollen or oozing anything at all, I checked it daily. When doc took the first stitch out, it her flesh didn't stay closed and some puss oozed out. Normally our vet uses the stitches inside that disolve on their own and then uses surgical glue on the outside, but I had requested that he use stitched and surgical glue on the outside of Jazzie, simply because when Mags and Gracie were spayed, they both popped open, and when Gracie popped open, it was on a weekend and I had to wait until the next day to get her in. I cleaned the area as good as I could and put butterfly stitches on it like crazy until the vet was open the next day, he said it looked pretty good and was able to use stitches and close her back up and put her on an antibiotic just in case since she popped open. He used surgical glue to re-close Mags. I'm just glad all the female furkids are now spayed and I'm hoping for a good report for Jazzie on Saturday.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!