Thread: mellow yorkie
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 11:36 AM   #5
camile
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

My experience is this: I have two girls, Chloe, my first, is very active, dare I say, hyper. She is very vocal, not just barking but tries to "talk" to us when we aren't doing what she wants. She makes these little snorts and whines and throat noises to get our attention and is very active. She is not a lap dog. She will come to us for petting but doesn't want to be picked up and held. She always wants to be near us, on the sofa with us, etc. but not in our laps. She is affectionate in her own way, which means, at a distance and on her terms.

Willow, on the other hand is just the opposite. She is lazy and not active at all. She rarely interacts with Chloe. She is quiet and frankly the perfect pet for our life style. She loves, loves to be held and lays in our laps constantly whenever possible. Some days I feel like she is an appendage. She is by far and away the most affectionate dog I have ever had, she is totally dedicated to me and is desperate to be near me or at least to be able to see me at all times.

I love them both but Willow is a little package of devotion and I love her more than I can say. I will add that Chloe was very affectionate until she was about 5 mos old when she began turning toward being her aloof self.
camile is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!