View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 08:54 AM   #15
gidget529
Gidget & Sidney's Mom
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachi View Post
I know I just wish there was some way to convince the parents to get on board. Im afraid its going to take something really bad before they do get on board. It is just really hard for me because 20 years ago My 7 yr old Son passed because he had a genetic heart problem. So I really know the importance they should be putting on this
Chachi, I am so sorry to hear you lost a child to congenital heart disease. I'm sure it breaks your heart to watch this child's life essentially "not be valued" by her parents w their actions towards her health. I'm sure they do not realize that is what it looks like to others, but I'm sure this is upsetting to watch.

Maybe you and your husband could call the school nurse together and ask for her help. I'm sure the call would be kept anonymous and most health care workers are very concerned about a child's health and wellbeing. Perhaps she could set up meetings to meet w the parents and arrange to have them meet w school nutritionists to help get this going (and w the school already making increased PT for her, your phone call would not be suspected).

I wish you luck w whatever the two of you decide.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!