View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 05:18 AM   #13
carmen in nj
Donating YT 4000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyVille View Post
With my little one I realized how important that little security blanket was.

My little girl was 8 months old when I brought her home. I tried everything with her that always worked for my Rottweilers. I had a play session before bed to make sure she was tired, I made sure she was pottied out, I put her crate on a nightstand next to my bed, I covered the crate, I turned the tv on and I gave her a beef rib bone to chew on for the night....and she cired all night.

This went on everynight for two weeks and I was exhausted. My Husband decided he was going to stay up with her one night so I could sleep. We have an enclosed porch and we both keep a pair of shoes on the porch so we can get the dogs outside quickly if need be. So my Husband opened the door going out to the porch and He said she went on to the porch and curled up on my shoes and layed down. He finished putting his shoes on and then picked her up to go outside. He brought her back in and she cried again. So again he opened the porch door and she went and layed on my shoes. He then went and got her crate from our room and put one shoe in the crate. She went in her crate all by herself and didn't make a peep. My husband then closed her crate door and brought her crate back to the bedroom. Again not a peep the entire night. We have since put the other shoe in her bed. As long as she has those shoes she is happy. We realized later that those were the shoes I was wearing the day I brought her home. We think that she can smell the other dogs she lived with on those shoes.
YES!! a good breeder would NEVER send a puppy home without a security toy and blanket, that is been used with the litter and the mom, I make special blankets for the puppies, My mom's Ruby is 8 months and she comes to visit me and she gets to play with her mom and dad and sibbligs that live here, and last christmas she fell in love with her mom's t shirt, well my mom took the t shirt home and LiL Ruby carries it around the house , sleeps with it, in her crate, I also send a washable small pad that the litter has used, so the puppy knows that is where she is supose to go potty.. my puppy parents have been very sucessful training their pups due to the heads start i give them,Happy humans means happy puppies..
so if you are going to get a pup talk to your breeder about a security blanket and a washable pee pad ..
hugs,

P/s .. all items are washed well before they go home, but the puppy still able to smell his family in the items... which is really good..

Last edited by carmen in nj; 03-01-2012 at 05:19 AM.
carmen in nj is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!