View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 05:37 PM   #5
DBlain
Donating YT Addict

babygirl, one word of advice don't be in a hurry, take your time and do lots of research. To many people jump to quick and then are heartbroken and out a lot of money later.

My own sister is a perfect example, LOL she never listens to me, and she does not go on these type of web sites. Before getting her first yorkie I had her talk to a well known breeder in MI who was getting ready to send her the names of good breeders in NY, but she could not wait, she put a deposit down on her first yorkie when it was a week old, never saw the parents. Her dog was large, corse wolly hair, snagle tooth and a nasty temperament, she lived a long time and was fairly healthy. The day after that dog died, she put a deposit down on the first yorkie she saw, I told her let me investigate the breeder for you, noooo she would not wait, the dog came with costly health issues including ring worm which my sister caught and was very hard to diagnose, so besides vet bills she had doctor visit bills of her own (if ring worm is wrong it's what ever type humans can catch) The dog who is sweet, but has one ear down, a very stringy coat, her face is dark and the head did not fully clear, not what you would expect from a so called show breeder. It also has digestive issues and can't tolerate much protein so she has to be careful with the foods she feeds her. Haste does make waste. So please take your time.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!