View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 05:23 PM   #1
Giorgismom
Yorkie Yakker

Question Need some food advice please.

Giorgio had a vomitting episode with diarrhea (he's only had two) in life. Both times I took him to the ER. This second time I took him, he had slightly elevated liver enzymes. Hes not showing any other symptoms well I took him back to recheck well (Banfield) his enzymes are still slightly elevated. So I took him to the University to get his BAT done. Well its slightly elevated. He isn't showing signs of a shunt. The university is thinking food allergy.

Well it took over 3 days for his Banfield vet to get back to me. He calls and says to put him on RC rabbit and potato. Since it took some time for him to get to me I had a sample of Natural Balance Bison and Sweet Potato Allergy Formula and I cooked him some beef with carrots. I also got milk thistle. Hes eating his food. My issue is with something the Banfield vet said. Hes basically saying home made diets are bad, but the discharge paperwork from the University recommended a book by a vet that writes home diets. I am thinking I can feed Giorgio a balanced dry food and top it with some meat. Hes a picky eater so I do what I can to get him to the bowl. Mommas cooking must be awesome porker weighs 7.2 pounds.

The Dr at the university seemed to be more receptive to me topping his dry food with meat that I cooked. I need some help figuring this out. I want my lil guy to be okay.

I been through hell trying to find a good dry food that he will eat. Ive done tons of research since I've got him. Used to feed him Caesars and Royal Canine. I like the Natural Balance line of food.
Giorgismom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!