View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 05:41 AM   #1
TaylorWoods
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Bleeding after spaying

I need someone to put my mind at ease or inform me please. My girl has had to healthy litters. She is 2 1/2 years old. Her last litter was not planned...I decided to not put her through the stress of a second litter and I had my male neutered because she came into heat early. However, he was still fertile after his operation and my boyfriend promised to watch her while I went to have a shower and I got out to find them tied. Needless to say she fell pregnant and had 3 beautiful puppies. She suffered Eclampsia though and I ended up hand rearing the puppies.

Her heats seemed to get closer and closer every time so after the last puppy went to her new home I decided to have her spayed asap to avoid any undue stress on her.

She was spayed a week ago and started to bleed from her vagina last night. I wasnt entirely sure it was f rom her though because in the morning there was blood on the bed but she didnt seem to be bleeding and is not swollen at all. My mom just called to say she is now bleeding very heavily and I should call the vet. He has told me to rush in as soon as possible. Im in a blind panic

Has this happened to anyone else? And if so what was the reason?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!