View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 11:13 AM   #1
dawn27
2+2=4 X the Love ♥
Donating Member

Ip S.C Bound, Bitter Sweet reunion & Must see ideas b4 I leave?

On May 5th I will be headed to Georgetown, South Carolina to welcome my great niece (Stella Nycole) into the world....yeah!! I'm extremely excised but very sad at the same time. Shes going to grow up without knowing who her aunt Winny is. (that's me, I'm aunt Winny). With baby Stella coming, being away from them is going to be very hard on me, much harder than usual. I've had a hand in raising all of my nieces and nephews from the time they were born. Me being the child care provider and the one who always babysat for the family. I just figured that I would be the one caring for the great nieces and nephews as well. Well not this time!

In the past two years my only niece Athena, who I had a big part in raising and who I am very close to. Has moved to GA than to SC. Which is more than 750 miles away. Has gotten married in Las Vegas (which I was unable to attend) and is now expecting her first child, my great niece. My niece was just home this past weekend for the baby shower which was very nice, over 40 people came to celebrate and share in the joyful time. My niece and I managed to get away to our favorite Mexican resurant for some much needed one on one time and laughs. Than said our good byes and she and her husband were off, back to SC the following morning. Its always a bitter sweet good bye, not knowing when the next time we will see each other.

I's very upsetting to me knowing that I am going to miss all of Stella's firsts. Her first smile, first words, first steps her first everything and I'm not handling it very well.

There is good new thou, I will be there for her birth (keeping my fingers crossed). As hard as it will be being away from my own husband and kids for an entire week. Being there durring her birth is one first that I wouldn't miss for anything in the world. That is if mamma Athena can hold on until the 5th and not deliver early. She is due on the May 3rd and we will arrive late May 5th. Either way I'll be there, that's for sure.

So as much as I would love to spend every moment with Athena, Mike and baby Stella this is also a vacation for me. My first time in SC. Plus they will need mommy and daddy time alone with baby Stella. Which will give my sister (Athena's mother) and I time to see what SC has to offer. This is a once in a life time opportunity for me seeing as how I am doubtful that there will be another opportunity to see SC any time soon. I want to see the ocean, the beach and whatever else SC has to offer. And we both love to shop.

So, what is there in Georgetown, SC and what would you suggest would be a "Must See" don't dare leave without going to (attraction, shopping or dinning experience?)
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!