View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 07:12 AM   #11
Tina21
Donating YT Addict

Sadly the school system just doesnt take bullying seriously. My youngest was a victim of some pretty horrible bullying. I talked to the school a number of times and I was told that the bullies came from bad homes and that they were unwilling to make the situation worse for these kids. My poor DD was left unprotected. She later developed serious mental health issues including an eating disorder that almost killed her twice. After months and months of in hospital treatment and out of country residential treatment she is better but still has an ED and will struggle for the rest of her life. I had threatened to remove her from school and was told that if I kept her home that I would risk having her taken away from us. Most of these kids that are bullied end up with issues and ultimately harm themselves in some manner, the shootings are the kids that snap and wind up harming others. Unless the system starts to make bullying a "real" issue with real consequences we will continue to see these horrific results. I feel sick to my stomach thinking of what those poor kids and their families are going through.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!