View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012, 05:01 PM   #13
NewYorksBrandy
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillymae View Post
This is my thought exactly. I doubt that Brandy will hurt Silky & if she gets outta control then most likely Silky will discipline her as doggies do. Brandy could actually benefit from playing with some older dogs as she needs to be taught how not to play too ruff & the best way is to let another dog of her size to teach her. I believe Miss Brandy was taken away from her doggy mommy before 12 wks ? & mommy dog would have taught her the do's & dont's of playing.
Brandy is only doing what is a natural puppy behavior & I would be careful trying to teach her yourself as you do not want her to think that it's not OK to play.
I'm glad you said what you did.. Silky was not hurt or made a sound.. Brandy knows when to back off if she sees another pup upset... A dashound showed her that in Fl..As for her being taken from her mom before 12 wks I think so because I got her at 14wk.. I mean all she does is what a puppy does best.. jump,lic, tug, and play bite.. But I saw just what happened she didn't nip or bite him she tuged his coat I donated to his mommy.. that my mother got her.. I think she may have just realized that the coat was her's ..lol who knows.. she does know how to act and when I clap my hands loud she stops doing what she is doing to see what I need to tell her.. We use lots of signs because I don't like screaming.. just basic things... it works for us but most people don't understand it..since I got Brandy I noticed she understands better if you signal her I even do it with my son so I guess she caught on..
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!