View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012, 12:16 PM   #4
navillusc
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deonk1 View Post
So far during the naps the thing I need to get used to is his desire to sleep under the blankets... first he'd start under the blankets then get up and grab a toy, then come back and paw on my face to be let in the blankies I wasn't too happy about that, now he just resorts to licking the crap out of my face when he wants in. I'm hoping he and I can work out a better system than that...lol.
Plop him and a couple teddies under the blanket to start with. You may have a few adjustments to make, but as he gets more used to sleeping with you, and, if he's young, gets a little older, he'll find his own rhythm with you. Everything new at first takes a little time to get used to. We also keep several small fleece throws on the bed and they will snuggle into them as well. Mia will hop and dig and nose the fleece blankies until they are custom comforted to her specifications.

The good thing, if you start with him sleeping with you alone, will be less adjustment when you are joined at law school. Of course, by then, Harley will have claimed HIS half of the bed!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!