View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012, 11:49 AM   #1
mzwenc
Yorkie Yakker

Omg Scare! choking and wheezing

Hi everyone,

So on Saturday, we bought Rosie a new toy from Walmart - it was a rope attached to a tennis ball (I figured she will play with it for like 15 mins and get bored)- but boy was I wrong. My little monster tore that ball apart to the point where you can see the cardboard. All the fuzzy stuff was all over the place. Then I noticed that the little cap that holds the ball from losing air was gone. I thought maybe it didnt come with one (which I dont think it did). She started running around in circles in my apartment (which she usually does to burn off some energy) and she started choking! She was gasping for air and I thought I was going to faint. I was so scared and was not sure what to do. My hubby stuck his finger down her throat because he said he saw something. I was so scare that he might rip her throat since she is small. Then she stopped choking but was still wheezing for a bit. Then he flip her upside down and started swaying her to see if it would come out. Nothing came out. But after that she was back to her normal self. I was going to rush her to the emergency vet but didn't know how to react at that moment. Do you guys think she might have a breathing problem or any health related issues? It happened a couple times when she runs like crazy around the house but not when she is outdoors. Or perhaps she is just eating stuff off the floor when I'm not watching (I do keep a close eye on her when I'm home but she spends all day with my hubby) Thank God she is back to normal now but that was super scary.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!