View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012, 10:41 PM   #13
Charlie_Boy2011
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KazzyK810 View Post
No. ZoE is fully potty pad trained and she doesn't have a clue what to do outside. Even though we are outside and walk regularly, she didn't pee outside until she was almost a year old...and that was cos it was Halloween night and she was outside for HOURS as we were handing out candy.

I really like having a potty pad trained yorkie. It is just so convenient. I like knowing that she can go potty whenever she wants and doesn't have to hold it for unreasonable amounts of time because I'm not home. I like not HAVING to rush home right after work. If I need to stop at the store on the way, I can and not feel guilty about it. And it makes traveling with her so much easier. No matter we are, ZoE will go on her potty pads. I've put one down in the homes of friends & family, in the open trunk of my car, in my son's dorm room, etc., and she knows to go on potty on it.
This is all nice to know. Charlie is trained on a potty pad indoors just because it fits my circumstances best, but I've seen him go pee a few times outdoors and that was exciting for me. I would like him to do both so when it's nice I can take him out more and also save on potty pads.

I was concerned about taking him to friends and fams home if he mainly goes on pads. Not everyone appreciates you putting a pad down in their home but I want to take him a lot of places with me as he gets older. I do carry a pad though. He peed on my friend's carpet a few weeks ago when playing indoors with their puupy. Embarrassing. Their pup is trained to go outdoors. He is very reliable at home or my mom's though the pad is always in the same place. Yet I've moved the pad when mopping or threw one down in another room in my home and he pottied right on it without me even really showing him it.
Charlie_Boy2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!