View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012, 04:21 PM   #1
Pink Dog
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default HELP! My 7 y/o girl can't use her back legs

My Cali has had a healthy life. But about a week ago her back legs startedslipping. We have concrete floors that can be really slick so my husbandthought her paws needed trimming (we did that). The next day she had troublegetting up and she would occassionally fall...especially if she tried to puther front paws on the first step or raise in the upright position. The next dayshe was worse and we brought her to the vet. He says it is bilateral medialsubluxating patella and likely inflammed ligaments. Treatment is 5 days ofNSAID. However, the next day (Saturday) she seemed even worse. She looks likeBambi on ice (just can't get her back legs to work).

I have a horrible gut feeling that this is more than the patella issue b/cwhy would she have trouble on both legs at once? Then again, I could be just anoverprotective mommy.

Has anyone had any experience with this that can offer me reassurance? Ijust want to know that we are dealing with the right thing and that she willget better. Any advice? TIA

*NOTE: this is my 4th attempt at posting this so please excuse any others asI do not see them posted. Also, I finally found the search button and read up on MLP but had no clue it could cause this much disability...does this sound right?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!