View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012, 02:01 PM   #12
Sweet Girls
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkiefans View Post
What is the raw diet? Just found out yesterday that one of our yorkies has diabetes & cushings disease. I want to cook her food (not buy it) so I know what's in it. Was thinking chicken, brown rice and veggies, so that it won't adversely affect her insulin injections. She won't eat kibble and is wasting away, so I don't have time to lose. Will feed both the same diet....any ideas?
I did raw for a while, and ended up switching to home-cooked because for me it was more convenient...basically easier for me to prepare ahead of time and store. I was just at my Holistic vets yesterday, and everyone there was talking about the way they home-cooked. You can do just what you said. Chicken, brown rice, veggies. A "general" idea is that it is 1/3 meat, 1/3 starch (rice), and 1/3 veggie...but that can be adjusted to your individual dog...is your vet supportive of home-cooked?? It would be a good idea to make this type of diet change with support from your vet esp. since your dog has underlying medical conditions. But I personally feel really good about home-cooking and I won't ever go back to feeding my dogs food prepared by "some company".
Sweet Girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!