View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012, 07:40 AM   #8
sportschick
Senior Yorkie Talker

Hi all, I actually had a question about the going inside and outside thing. I am getting conflicting information/advice about whether it is good or bad to try and train my Yorkie to go both inside and outside. I am single and work all day. I can come home for lunch and walk her (when I get her used to the harness and even used to walking - I just got her not even 2 weeks ago). It just isn't feasible for us single people who work to be able to do what a lot of people here say to do which is take the dog outside every few hours or whenever she looks like she is going to potty. I know a lot of people here have multiple Yorkies and are home all the time, so they can do that. Plus weather is a factor where I live.

She was paper trained, but I screwed it up and let her run around my apt. and she peed and pooped everywhere, so now I am confining her to her pen, letting her out to play with her and watching her like a hawk. She KNOWS that she is supposed to go on the papers, the breeder had her trained to do that, so I am just trying to rectify my screw up of giving her the run of the house.

People are telling me that her going inside and outside won't work, she will be confused, she won't know how to go outside, you HAVE to do one or the other. It would be really nice to cut down on the amount of pee and poop I have to deal with inside.

My question to all you single people that work and have Yorkies is: Do any of you have success with having them go both indoors AND outdoors?
sportschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!