View Single Post
Old 02-25-2012, 11:23 PM   #3
PattiNumber_H
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinOurYorkies View Post
Sorry, but my theory is that they shouldn't have run of the house if they aren't potty trained. Do you free feed? I find that scheduled feeding helps when potty training
I completely agree with this. I use the above method to a T, very timed and strict, and Bubba will still have an accident about once a week. He is almost 5 months old and has been on this program for 8 weeks and improved dramatically after just a couple of days. But like I mentioned he's not trained yet, still has an accident every now and again. I hope to give him more freedom around the house by the time he is a year old, but every dog is different the one year old goal is just based on his progress so far and personality.

I highly recommend three measured meals a day, 7:30a, 12 p, 5:00p. No water after 8 pm. Crate confinement when not eating, playing, or exercising. Write down all pees and poos so you can develop a schedule. You have to see this discipline of your dog and yourself as an investment into a very enjoyable and trusting relationship with your little sidekick.

Best of luck, I honestly know how frustrating it can be
PattiNumber_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!