View Single Post
Old 02-25-2012, 05:15 PM   #12
skippysmom1612
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjc View Post
In my best unprofessional interpetation: Sounds like his 'plumbing' is fine, but they saw evidence of some kind of calculi or stone, coming from the kidney to the bladder (ureter), and then in the bladder. So he may have kidney stones, and the stones may be intermittantly getting stuck in his urethra (tube that pee follows from the bladder to the outside).

Just me: Infections are usually present with stones, so this could be why he keeps trying to pee. Is he on Antibiotics?
Doc on Wed after the cath was performed gave him a injection of an antibotic which lasts for 2 weeks. I sure am hoping that nothing happened to him under the anesthesia. Right now when he is in the house I am keeping him in a "belly band" with a sanitary napkin. He so hates that. All he does is lay there because when he starts walking he has the urge to pee.
I am feeling so helpless because when we go for our walks he walks about ten steps before "squatting" and looks up at me as though saying "help me". I feel so bad that I can't help.
I will pick him up and just the pressure of picking him up he's dribbling urine. I am so lost.
skippysmom1612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!