View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 11:41 AM   #5
sportschick
Senior Yorkie Talker

Actually, I have kind of lost it because I am so stressed out and tired. She does sleep in a crate in my bedroom at night and she is good about that. She sleeps better than me right now. She is in a small ex-pen in the kitchen. The problem is that it is cold here now and she has never been out at all even when she was with the breeder because it was in upper state New York and very cold. She WAS trained to go on paper and she KNOWS how to do that, but because I let her have full run of the house, I effed it all up.

So now I am trying to do exactly with the breeder is telling me to do which is confine her to the small pen in the day when I am at work. Let her out for awhile at night when I get home when I can supervise her and play with her which I do, but she is peeing on the floor and I can't catch her in time to put her in the pen to pee. And when I put her back in the pen, she getting destructive.

I am just afraid that this dog is going to be too much for me to handle, just one of those super hyper dogs. I know the key is to exercise her and get her on a schedule, but it is SO hard because I work 10 - 6. That is MY schedule and I have to somehow incorporate her into it without getting up at 5:30 a.m. and her going nuts. I live one minute from my work so I don't leave my house till 9:55. So I have this dog that is going nuts from 5:30 to 9:55 and I don't know what to do. Once I start walking her, I can come home for lunch and walk with her, but again, it is cold out. I bought her a little fleece jacket thing so maybe that will help with the cold.

Anyway, thanks for your input. I just need to be able to hear from other people that they went through this awful time and GOT through it. I don't want to give her back to the breeder. Not to mention losing all the money I spent.
sportschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!