View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 09:23 AM   #1
sportschick
Senior Yorkie Talker

Omg New yorkie owner in he!! - please help

Hi I got my 7 mo. old Yorkie last week. I made the mistake of letting her have the run of the house and all the training she got at the breeders went down the toilet (pun intended). She peed on the carpets and on the floors. I just felt so bad locking her in the pen when I was home. The breeder is wonderful, talking to me every day trying to help me through this. I also work, so I have to leave her alone and she is crying and crying when I leave. She freakin cries when I leave the kitchen. She pees and poos in the pen when she gets up and I put her in there, but after I let her out, she pees on the floor. Does the same thing at night.

This a.m. she peed on the floor and I put her in the pen and went in the other room to try and take a nap and she went NUTS. Whining, barking and flinging her bed, toys, pushing the pen. I just sat on the couch and cried because I am SO EXHAUSTED. She gets up so early and fights me on everything. After she has a tantrum she sits there and looks at me like why are you mad at me and punishing me? She wasn't like that at the breeders, she was well behaved, but she also was in a pen with another puppy for 3 months. I know everything is new to her and everyone keeps telling me that I have to be the boss and stand my ground with her. I know I have to contain her in the pen and I know I have to get the harness on her (that should be a real blast) and get her walking even if it is cold out because she is so HYPER and is getting worse and worse and worse. I also know that she has to adapt to MY schedule and it is going to take time.

But, I am feeling like I made a mistake getting her and that I can't do this and I should just send her back to the breeder who can find her a better home because I feel like a total failure at this. I feel like she is the one who is ruling me. It will break my heart if I have to do that because I love her (but I don't like her very much right now). All she wants to do is be with me and play, she licks every part of me when I sit on the floor and play with her, but I can't have her peeing on the floors and carpets and I can't have her throwing tantrums when she doesn't get her way.

Have you guys gone through this and felt this way? Please help.
sportschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!