Thread: Such a Hard Day
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 10:02 AM   #1
dkcombs
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Unlove Such a Hard Day

I know this isn't a Yorkie story but I knew you all would understand and also it gives me a chance to share my feelings.

I had a beautiful 14 year old Sheltie that I had to put to sleep today. He has had an autoimmune disorder for a good portion of his life. After multiple tests years ago it was determined that all of his problems stemmed from his Mom and Dad were borther and sister. I rescued him when he was 4 years old but tracked all of his information back and this is how we found where he came from. The lady was closed down thank goodness but it sure didn't help my Chili. My heart ached everytime he had one of his many down falls but we were able to work though them. Recently though he just wasn't able to fight it. This past week he just mentally and phsycially gave up the fight. His heart was in there but I couldn't get him to eat or move. His hair was even falling out. His skin stated boiling from the inside out. I felt so sad and helpless. So this morning I had no choice but to help him to the Rainbow Bridge. Poor little guy, I know he is out of pain now but it is still hard for us here. RIP Chili- We love you.

Chili - March 1998 to Feb 2012
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!