View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 06:02 AM   #16
MikaTallulah
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie May View Post
Yes, if you are willing to go to a vet school, that would probably be best for her. I'm not sure that they all have nephrologists (could look somewhere else in the state), but if not you can always see a general internist.

Is this the pup that hasn't had much of an appetite? Ate Blue Buffalo? I would not let her near that anymore. They already have complaints about possible kidney/bladder/vitamin deficiency issues.

She really does need to be on K/D, NF, or a diet created for her by a board certified veterinary nutritionist. If she will only eat homecooked, then this consult should be done immediately. Feeding the wrong foods may just make things worse.
I am trying to get her to eat the K/D she does not like. I am trying to get the Purina NF locally because a few people (especially Lady Jane ) said their pickier eaters have eaten it. If need be I will order over the Internet. My vet will give a script. She is already off the Blue Buffalo. I am trying to get her to eat the special diet but any food at this point is better than her not eating at all.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!