View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 07:03 PM   #1
MikaTallulah
YT 1000 Club Member

Angry My Zoey has Chronic Renal Failure

The vet says she does not need SQ fluids at this point since she is eating and drinking well. :uhoh: Her labs are crappy but he said she still looks good with spunk in her eyes. He did a needle withdrawal of urine for C&S testing primarily. It is a long shot but it could he acute and be caused my an infection:crossfing. He did say terriers are little fighters and will probably do better than a larger dog. :crossfing

He gave her a Vitamin B injections, and Pepcid injection. He also prescribed 1/4 tab of Pepcid AC daily, 25-100 mg of aluminum hydroxide daily with meals, and Cerenia daily. I also just ordered Azodyl.

She ate a few tablespoons of Science diet K/D canned- Will keep trying for now but will switch to other brands as needed- Not sure which one to try next I have to look at them. She is not an egg fan and second ingredient in the K/D is egg whites but this is what they had in the office. He said most important is to get her to her. She is following doctors orders and eating pure junk but she likes it mostly yogurt drops. She is drinking distiller water recommended over tap with sugar added. She hated the pedialyte and gatorade- Tasted and made the this is gross face.

We will fight til she seems to no longer have full quality of life. Other than the weight loss she is acting like herself overall. She is my cuddly couch potato.

I will need to get the others tested but he said to just try to relax and focus on Zoey. Take 1 day at a time. Tomorrow Buddy has dog training and Zoey will be attending in her stroller which she loves and then to watch the other dogs run around like nuts. She has always been above this craziness. I guess I now have 2 shadows while at home.

Wish me luck.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!