View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 06:06 PM   #1
southernbelle04
Katie Scarlett's Mommy
Donating Member

Talking Dress Making Attempt #3

Hey guys! Well I sat at my desk today and worked on my next dress. As you know, I'm learning. Slowly but surely I will get this right. LOL. This dress is better, but still has a boo boo. This is the fabric my husband picked out. I still have over 1/2 a yard left, so I think I will try this again. Anyone need a whale dress in XS? If you don't mind my learning skills, I'll send the next one to ya for free. That way I can get some 'in real life' feedback. LOL. First one to post here that they need it gets dibs. I will sew it this weekend.

On this one, I went in a different direction. I took this pattern and used it for the top part of the dress. I used the X-Small sized pattern and it fits KS perfectly.
Amazon.com: Simplicity Sewing Pattern 2393 Dog...Amazon.com: Simplicity Sewing Pattern 2393 Dog...
And for the bottom, I used the pattern I have been using so far for the whole dress. I just do not like the top part that comes with this one. It's above my pattern reading skills I think. LOL
Amazon.com: McCall's Patterns M6218 Pet Clothes,...Amazon.com: McCall's Patterns M6218 Pet Clothes,...
Then I added a ribbon to the back. The inspiration for the ribbon part came from some dresses I have had made for KS by Jacque at Bella's Prissy Puppie Boutique. So, I want to give her credit for the ribbon design idea.

I liked mixing these 2 patterns to make this dress SOOOO much better! It was so much easier and very fast! I had this dress done in a little over 2 hours. I worked for over 6 on the others. I still need to put velcro on this dress so that it will close, but I gotta get some at the store tomorrow. So for now, I just laid it on my scrapbooking desk and shot a pic. Can you see my boo boo? It's on the right. I stitched a bit too far in one place. If the pink whale wasn't there, I don't think you would be able to tell, but it is there. I am still going to let KS wear this and be proud of it though. Just gotta keep on sewing and I'll get this down...eventually!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg whale 001.JPG (141.9 KB, 94 views)
File Type: jpg whale 002.JPG (163.5 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg whale 003.JPG (140.2 KB, 45 views)
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!