View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 02:36 PM   #2
BonBon
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

I've had a couple of similar things happen, but I'm not sure either matches what's going on with Eddie. Maybe they'll give you some ideas to help though.

Becca became afraid of eating out of her food bowl a few years ago. Poor little girl, she'd edge forward and then jump back whimpering she was so scared. I changed dishes, locations, everything and nothing helped.....until I tried a metal dish with rubber on the bottom. I figured out that the other dishes were sliding slightly on the smooth floor and making just enough noise that it frightened her.

Then Alexander became afraid of the water bowl a year or so after that. I got lucky when I switched out the shiny stainless steel bowl for a porcelain/ceramic one and that solved the problem. He was in the early stages of losing his sight (old age) and I think the shiny metal was startling him when he drank.

I hope you find out what's going on with Eddie soon.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. -- Author Unknown
BonBon is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!