View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 08:11 PM   #7
lynzy420
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Just went through this with two pups, siblings- I have Miss Mia and a close friend has her sister Bella.

Mia presented with Narrowing of the Aortic Artery causing murmur, arrythmia and tachycardia. Actually it was not promising and had 2 independent cardiologists tell me same thing. Bella presented with same things but not tachycardia. 2 vets and 2 cardiologists all told me that with puppies its hard to tell, and even though right now its very bad, they could still outgrow it.

Went for follow up last week, and I am happy to report that the echo showed improvements and that with alot of luck they will outgrow it.

I can't stress enough how important it is to see a cardiologist, it really is very important and worth the expense.

If your pup starts any coughing it is important to get ahold of your vet right away. There are other symptoms but they seem so normal puppy like things that you may not recognize them - but coughing you won't miss. Follow up with your cardiologist every month until your pup is cleared.

You especially want to see a cardiologist because they better trained at recognizing structural problems of the cardiac system. There are many things that can be "fixed" if you have the right Dr.

I'm going to hope that your like "us" and your pup outgrows this common condition...and, while it is common, it should still be treated as serious and checked by a cardiologist.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!