View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 04:34 PM   #14
jrsygal37
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY BOY View Post
I have been thinking of dental for my 2. I came across this thread and I knew it was expensive but I am shocked at the prices. I called my vet and the price is 319.74 for level 1, 344.74 level 2, cost difference depends on amount of tartar. Plus exam 53.50
Both levels include
pre-op blood work
general anesthesia
antibiotic injection
ekg
fluoride
nail trim as a bonus
dentals are done in the AM, they stay until 4:00 in order to monitor all day
dental rendered by dental tech with vet overseeing
So the total will be for each between 373.24 and 398.24 that's a lot of money
I'm in NJ also. My vet of 16 years wants $500 for a basic dental, no extractions. His spaying went up to ove $600. It was getting way too expensive. I took our newest edition to Popcorn Park Vet Clinic and she had a spay and dental today. The total cost for both was $334.00. The spay was $150 and the dental $180 plus the pain meds. No tax because they are a non-profit organization. I was very pleased with them. Gianna's teeth look great and well she's in pain from the spay but that is normal. Bella and Tia are going in on March 3 for their pre-dental exam and blood work. Gianna's pre-exam which included all her vaccinations, blood work, as well as heart worm testing was only $120 total for everything. It's sad but the vets here in NJ are getting so expensive that you can't even afford them anymore. I pulled four of my girl's papers to bring to Popcorn for their dentals and Mimi is going to be spayed next month. She was too sick as a baby to be done. She's 17 months old now and we are doing that and also having her double teeth pulled. Thought I'd mention this and see if you are local to them. It's a big savings and the vets are wonderful. All women, which was great for Gianna since she is so fearful of men. The other place which is great is Atlantic City Humane Society. They are $100 for a spay, but seem higher on their blood work. Not sure how much on a dental, but I've heard good things about them as well. Elaine
jrsygal37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!