View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 07:05 AM   #1
ChanelsmomnLA
Yorkie Talker

Embarassed Sleeping Arrangements??

Hi everyone. I am new here. I just got my yorkie puppy 4 days ago. Her name is Coco Chanel and I call her Chanel. I never knew I could love something this tiny with 4 legs so much. I thought I was totally prepared for motherhood of this very tiny bundle of joy but I am finding out there are a few things I did not think about or have not gone as planned. So here is the first challenge. Any help will be appreciated. FIRST of all I have to tell you I am an over analyzer . My human kids tell me I think WAY too much which causes me to be stressed out all the time for usually nothing. I think EVERYTHING is major and should be done by the book. So with that said, here goes... all of my previous dogs were thought of as dogs and loved very much, so they were not pampered too much. They came in and out, slept where and when they wanted to and ate the same way. Chanel is so tiny I shelter her alot. I take her to work with me and almost everywhere I go. I use a kennel some at home and at work so she doesn't get into stuff when I can't give her my full attention. I was told DO NOT punish her w/ the kennel. SO at night I put her in the bed with me and my DH.(dear husband) She plays a little while we watch tv, then settles down and we turn the tv off and all go to sleep. The most she sleeps is about 2 hrs. then she's up. I keep her on my side so she doesn't wake DH, and she starts licking and biting at my face and neck. I scold her (quietly) and this goes on for a while until I get up with her. I am really losing alot of beauty sleep. I don't sleep sound when she's in the bed because I think I will smother her. Should I make her sleep in the kennel or will she think she is being punished? I take her out to potty several times during the night because I get up to potty myself lol. Should I take her out at night or encourage her to wait?

I'm sorry this is so long. And I'm sure I have more questions, so thank you for all of your advise.
Suzy &
ChanelsmomnLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!