View Single Post
Old 02-19-2012, 07:48 PM   #8
Stefani188
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Lightbulb Had similar problem-this was what helped

Hey, I had a similar problem tonight and just figured out what it was.

My yorkie Maya was fine when I left to go out, but when I came back 2 hours later, she was acting weird. Initially, she came to great me normally excited. My boyfriend took her and my other dog out to the bathroom, and then when she came back in, I noticed she acted odd. First, she came in to see me after going to the potty, and she came over to me and just rolled over on her back at my feet right in a weird spot between the dining room and the kitchen. Sometimes she does this, but only if I am petting her or she is in a sweet mood, or if she wants a tummy rub. She's never done it when I first come home, she's usually too excited to roll over! So that was unusual, and then I could tell her mood was down.
Then she didn't want to eat her food and just went to lay down. She loves to eat usually! She didn't even want to play with her favorite toy when provoked. It was really strange because she was really energetic earlier that day.

Soooo....what I think it was is what a member mentioned above. She had poop stuck to her butt! ha I thought it might be low blood sugar, so initially I gave her a little honey, and 2 hours later she was acting a little better and ate her food. But I still researched on these forums. Once before she acted like that when she had a little bit of poop stuck to her butt, so I read the comment on here and checked her. SURE ENOUGH, she had a piece stuck to the hair near her butt half way in and out! I fixed it right away and now she is playing like normal! I think the honey may have energized her, but I think she probably just forgot about it after a while. Knowing Maya though, she does act strangely anytime something gets caught in her fur or if something sticks to a paw or on her butt, she usually acts timid, embarrassed and sick-like. She fixates on the problem and acts like she is wounded which also comes off like she is ill. So, just wanted to let everyone know, please check your babies body throughly if they are acting sickly, you never know what it might turn out to be!

I will still monitor in case it is anything else more serious, but I am thinking that's what it was. She has displayed similar symptoms in the past when I have noticed. It's funny because she even tried to tell me when she came in from going outside to the bathroom! Came right to my feet and rolled over to tell me 'mom, I need some help!' Ah, I just feel terrible, but I am glad I figured it out. Thank you to the member above that mentioned checking there!

I hope Diamond is okay, please update us if you get a chance to see what the vet said. Hopefully it was something as simple!
Stefani188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!