View Single Post
Old 02-19-2012, 01:54 PM   #1
anetka21
Yorkie Talker

Default Issue with Teeth, Skin, and... appetite.

Hi Everyone,

I have two yorkie girls (Maya and Lily) that are from the same litter and they are about 2.5 years old. I knew yorkies are fussy but these little munchkins are super fussy lol... I have three problems.

First, they don't want to eat unless I hand feed them. Sometimes they won't eat for 2-3 days at a time, unless I force the food into their months. I must specify, they almost never touch their dry food, and as wet food I give them home cooked chicken. All they would love to eat are their treats which I try to limit as much as possible. Does anyone else have to hand feed their yorkies? Any tips on what I could give them that would help them with their appetite?

Second issue that I have is mainly with Lily. I noticed she gets a lot of small bumbs all over her body that look like little pimples. They are white bumps that look like they are under the skin and if I squize them littlely white pimple stuff comes out of it in a large amount. Once the white stuff comes out, the bump goes down and it either dissapears or becomes a little irritated and red but eventually dissapears. Does anyone know if that is regular or if that is some type of skin issue or just like we humans, dogs have pimples?

Third problem that I have is with both of them but Lily is sooo much worse. It's their teeth. I can barely brush them because Lily won't even open her mouth to do it. She is worst than Maya because her baby teeth never fell out so she has double sets of teeth. They have build up and the breath smell is getting so discusting. I know I have to take her in for cleaning and they will have to pull the baby teeth out. The problem that I have is that I'm soooo scared to put her under. I lost a yorkie girl few years ago (she was hit by a car) and now I'm scared to have them put to sleep during this procedure. Maybe I'm crazy, but I am also not happy when they have to have stronger vaccinations like Lyme disease because I feel like they sleep for 3-4 days non stop after the shot and they seem out of it. I'm worried that maybe they could be allergic to certain medications. I use Benfield services, and they are usualy really nice and knowledgable but I'm just scared to have them go thru the teeth cleaning procedure. Has anyone been thru that and could you give me some pointers? I know I have to get it done soon.

I would appreciate any pointers towards any of the problems that I mentioned above. Thanks
anetka21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!