View Single Post
Old 02-18-2012, 05:51 AM   #1
Beabble
YT 2000 Club Member

Default Worried About Jazzie

For those of you who don't know, Jazzie was spayed yesterday, her weight pre surgery yesterday was 4 pounds 14 ounces, shes' going on 1 year and 8 months old. The last time she ate was Thursday at 6:00 in the evening, then has surgery the next morning. She still hasn't eatin anything ad I'm getting so worried about her. I have a call into the doc to see if he thinks I should try boneless skinless chicken breast and white rice, or some canned food. She's not drinking on her own yet either. I mixed kayro syrup and water yesterday and gave her 2 ml of that about every hour and a half yesterday, but not through the night. At 8:30 this morning I gave her 2 mls of the liquid as well, but she still won't eat or drink. Waiting for the doc to call back, any suggestions in the meantime? I'm just so worried about her, I wish she'd eat and drink. Doc sent me home rimadyl for her for pain, but she has to eat something with it to have it. I'm not crazy about the rimadyl, had a horrible experience with it with boxer boy Isaiah who's now in heaven. Has anyone ever given rimadyl to their yorkies? If so, what has been your expeirience with it, good or bad?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!