View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012, 03:09 PM   #7
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Ieisha View Post
I'm not sure if the shaking is from him being cold or not. I asked her and she says she bought him a sweater. (They live all the way in Oregon, so I can't really visit). She said he's not eating well either. I told her about the bile acid test and she made him an appointment on Teusday.
When Callie is cold she will shake and not want to do anything but curl in a ball but if I put a warmer shirt on her and she gets warm she will get up and play and eat and everything. Cold really effects Callie and it might could her little guy too. Are his gums pale when he is having an episode? Does he become unresponsive? Not want to eat? When Callie has an episode (which is not normal for an adult dog but she has had many many test done and all is ok) she would become unresponsive, weak to the point of barley being to sit up on her own, pale gums, wouldn't not eat and not be interested in anything that I would put in front of her. I would give her either karo or nutrical to get her sugar up and then after a few minutes when it seemed to work I would feed her some dog food to get her sugar to be stable and not just drop again. Now to completely avoid episodes I make sure she eats before any stressful things and either right after or a little during and I also make sure she doesn't go to long with out food. Hope the little guy is ok.
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!