View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 06:45 AM   #1
skippysmom1612
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Cry Need an opinion what could be wrong please!

Good morning
I am brand new to this site (just registered) but had been lurking in the background. Because I am stumped thought I would get some feedback on possible problem and if anyone else experienced anything similar. Even my vet is stumped and he loves Skippy dearly.
On Feb 4th I took Skippy for his yearly visit and to update his shots.All he needed to update was his DHL-PPvCv and Bordetella shots. We also determined he needed more dental work...Last year he had 4 extractions and everything went fine. Because the visit was on a Sat. I let Skippy stay with Doc and his wife...They treat skip like family and takes him home with them. Everything was fine. On Mon Feb 6th he had his dental work (5 more extractions) and we decided to give him his vaccinations while he was relaxed and sleepy.
Skippy has been having problems since and Doc has run every test under the rainbow and everything is coming back negative and last night really scared me.

There are no infections, blockages or stones but Skippy will take a couple of steps (male) and not lift his leg for peeing but instead in squatting and only dribbles and twitches. He continues just standing there and tries to dribble more but again no infections. Last night I watched to see if he would start walking but instead he slowly squatted to almost laying down then fell over to his side and could not get up. I want my OLD SKIPPY BACK!

Don't know if it helps but he was anesthetized using Ketamine and Domitor and was apparently an intravenous injection. He also received a gas called Isoflurane.

Doc has been fantastic and I trust this man. While trying to figure out what could be wrong, I am not being charged because they knew his actions and personality before the teeth extractions. Doc wants to try one other procedure and run a cathather to his bladder with a dye but last time he ran a cath without the dye it ran smoothly.

Sorry this post is long for a newbie but we seem to be out of options. Could something had happened while he was under the anesthesia?

Thank You
Skippys Mom
skippysmom1612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!