View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 08:44 PM   #8
gracielove
YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britster View Post
Way to go America for choosing the dog who looks like it can barely breathe or walk!

I noticed, from the dogs I watched, that sooo many of the dogs are over-weight.

Did you hear about the winning Collie? Ugh, the son of a deaf AND blind double merle... purposely bred to get all merle pups.
Westminster Rewards Cruelty

I respect the world of dog showing, to the ones who are really doing right by their breed, but so many seem to just be in it for show. Some of those GSD's and their slanted backs, looked like they could hardly walk... let alone herd sheep or do a job, aka what they were bred to do.

I wish that in order to get into a show, a dog had to pass a small test of what they were bred to do, and see how capable they actually are of doing it. Even though we obviously don't use a lot of dogs anymore the way we used to need them, I think it would be cool to test a Yorkie on a lure course... or a GSD herding sheep. Or heck even just having all dogs pass a simple easy agility course to show their movement and show their healthy and capable. I dunno... sometimes it just sickens me to see some of the show dogs that were out there.

But interesting nonetheless, and I love to watch the dogs.
If people only knew the things that go on in the show dog world! I sometimes worry because people are always directed to seek out a show breeder without any other warnings. There is plenty to watch out for in that world as well.
gracielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!