View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 04:06 PM   #1
concretegurl
Between♥Suspensions
Donating Member

Cry Elvis seizure finally caught on video

This is the first one today.

First seizure in video link #1:
Today while drying off from his bath Elvis has 3 seizures, again, despite upping his pheno regiment daily dosage. I wanted to post this because of the incident Jeanie had yesterday (good timing for a bad situation I suppose). This IS a seizure despite it appearing different than what most perceive a seizure to be. My Elvis has cluster seizures (a form of epilepsy). He smashed into an empty diaper box collapsing it and then while trying to get to me in a dead run he went under the desk chair where I couldn't reach him. I took a video to show everyone. Hope this might lend help to anyone else who ever sees their dog doing the same. Normally when Elvis has a seizure I wrap a towel around him and hold him keeping him away from the other dogs-you can never trust them fully animals will always have animal instincts. Sorry about the stinking quality I just wanted to get a video since I was panicked about not being able to reach him and had a moments pause in not trying to hold him to get a video of it finally.

Elvis seizure fed 15 2012 first.MOV - YouTube

Second seizure in video link #2:

The second video is of the second seizure a few moments after it started it wasn't as intense as he had received a dosage of pheno after the first-which isn't always required but acts as a buffer for the next seizures that follow and in hopes of preventing them-which did not happen today.
The second seizure, he stayed lucid at all times (which he always has) but has limited here and often zero at other times motor control but is fully conscious.

Elvis Seizure second fed 15 2012.MOV - YouTube

Elvis' third seizure happened only moments after this one ended and he hasn't had one since. Considering the severity of his episodes of cluster seizures we are seeing improvement with new meds and an upping of them after the first 30 days. He now takes I forget the milligrams but one entire pill at a time (instead of half of one) three times a day so three whole pills a day.

Hopefully within another 30 days this level will stabilize him and he will be seizure free...

concretegurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!