View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 08:32 AM   #14
lynzy420
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrysmum View Post
Sorry to butt in, but I have had experience with megaesophagus. Not in our Yorkie, but in our labrador.

The aesophagus is made of bone - and therefore shows up on a normal x-ray. Our Rosie's was so 'mega' at that point, that the vet actually missed it, as one 'edge' of it was off the edge of the x-ray. When it was diagnosed, she was 14 years old...she was too old for an operation.

The only thing we could do was keep her as comfortable as we could. ELEVATED feeding was the only way to keep food in her. By elevated, it had to be at head height - so for a year we hand fed her. Have you tried that with your Littlie? The same with water, even placing her bowl in a higher position might help.

Please do get a second opinion - it's not right as you know. Poor little girl - my heart bleeds for her. Sally x
This, this, this.

Please heed the voice of experience, obviously she is suffering, this must be addressed, please let us know how she and you are doing, we really do care.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!