View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012, 07:21 PM   #1
sophiarenee
Yorkie Talker

Cry Yorkie vomiting issue, dont know what to do anymore.

Hi, I have a 2 year old Yorkshire Terrier. When we first got here she was fine and gradually she started puking occasionally. It wasn't a problem until about a year ago. When it first started to get bad we took her to the vet. She was puking 5+ times a day. The vet basically told me they didn't know what to do and sent me on my way. They mentioned MegaEsophogus, which we haven't had her tested for yet.

So then we started some trial and error stuff. We've switched her food, tried soft and solid and nothing. We've tried SEVERAL different brands and nothing.

So recently her puking has been getting even worse. Its so bad that shes puking right after she eats and it doing so 10+ times a day now. Sometimes she pukes when shes hyper but then sometimes she just pukes at random when shes relaxed. I took her to the vet earlier this week and they gave me pepcid and prescription gastrointestinal soft food for her. Since then its been even WORSE! I think the pill made her even sicker. She was up all night puking and gagging. Then after I fed her the food today she just layed there and whined each time she breathed in and out.

The next step the vet wanted to take was to test her for megaesophagus, but I really dont think that is what she has. The vet said she probably wouldn't have lived this long. Also she is gaining weight and when animals have this they rapidly lose weight.

So, I'm asking ANYONE with any info to please help, I feel very helpless. I just dont know what I'm dealing with here, and It's pretty scary when your vet doesnt either. Shes my baby and I just want to do what is best for her.
Thankyouu.
sophiarenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!