Thread: Vegan dog foods
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012, 05:35 PM   #21
MikaTallulah
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by candigirl View Post
I'd explore a few more options before resorting to a vegetarian/vegan dog food. Since she likes veggies so much have you tried making a vegetable puree and mixing it with her kibble?. What kibbles has she tried? Do you offer her cooked meat or raw? have you tried any premade raw foods?
No matter what I mix with the Blue Buffalo kibble she will only eat 1/4 cup daily of kibble. She has issues with most meats except chicken. She will not eat raw food. She will eat veggies even after she refuses to eat more kibble. I will wait at least 2 hrs after she eats the kibble to give her the veggies.

It took months to find a new kibble she would eat to get her on the Blue. Tried TOTW, wellness, evo, nature balance, various proplan blends ( my preferred blend), etc.

Right now she keeps eating extra tidbits (tops of 10 pieces) from Buddy's bowl which is Proplan Performance. Prior to her spaying she was eating this Proplan forumula but after her spay she refused to eat it. Hopefully she will start to eat more of the Proplan. He gets some fish oil mixed in with his kibbles. So far her bowels seem to be okay. He doesn't mind her sharing a bowl with him and will even step back and give it to her.

I'm planning to switch the other yorkies back to Proplan for simplicity.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!