Thread: Vegan dog foods
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012, 11:00 AM   #13
MikaTallulah
YT 1000 Club Member

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britster View Post
That's fantastic! I would never ever condemn feeding a dog who medically needs a vegetarian diet! As I said, I believe the only reason to feed a vegan diet would be for a dog like in Daisy's case.

In the OP's case, it seems more like a case of picky dog, and owner giving in. I believe that most healthy dogs should never eat a vegetarian diet. Obviously Daisy is a rarity who is thriving on such a diet.
I am not giving in to her. She has always been a picky eater but lately it has gotten much worse. She also has digestive issues with most meats except chicken. If I was giving into her she would be eating only wet cat food but that is not appropriate for her. She also does a not eat eggs. She was a little plump before I had her spayed but then lost weight and was at a healthy weight. Right now she MUST gain weight per the vet. which is why I'm a bad mom. I refused to give into her.

I figured til recently you won't eat the food fine don't eat then. This did not work with her obviously. I am trying to find the best option for her without giving into her by playing food games.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!