View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 01:43 PM   #5
Tina21
Donating YT Addict

Making sure that he is on a no choke harness will help ensure that he isn't hurt while you leash train him. You already have that covered and with a shorter leash you will have better results as others have said. When Chloe starts to pull I literally stop and will not start walking again until she stops pulling. I always use the command No Pulling in a firm voice as well.

It does take a bit of time but he will get the message. I go through this every spring when I start taking her on daily walks again. Regular walks are also another way to get him to stop pulling. When I haven't taken Chloe out for a while she is so excited that she pulls like crazy. Oh and one other trick if you are able, speed walk at first with your little guy on the side of your body that is furthest away from lawns and other smelly treats for his little nose.

I hope that one of these suggestions work for you as my vet said that it's good to take a little one with LP for regular walks. Chloe has LP and my vet said that exersize helps to build muscle which helps to stabilize the joint.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!