View Single Post
Old 02-11-2012, 10:38 PM   #1
brezofleur
Donating YT Addict

Question Ugh! Barking after bedtime!

I've read Teresa's barking tips and they have definitely helped! Thank you very much for the sticky!

However...

Zeus is really attached to me. I work days and Chad works (most) nights. I don't like to take him to work with me if Chad is off during the day so he can have Daddy bonding time. When Chad leaves and comes back, Zeus is happy to see him. He likes and knows Daddy. But he's still a Mommy's boy.

We adopted him Dec 31 so he's still settling down, but there's been a real issue now. I'll go to bed a good 4-5 hours before Chad does and Zeus follows me there. If he's locked out of the bedroom, he will freak and continuously scratch at the door. When Chad goes to bed, Zeus will start to growl and bark at Chad as he starts to get in bed. A couple of times Zeus has actually snapped at him (as far as I have seen, he doesn't do this at any other time). During the day, Chad will kiss Zeus, cuddle with him, feed him, take him for walks and Zeus is completely fine (I see this first hand so I know there's nothing else going on).

At first I thought this was a "well, he's in a deep sleep and you're startling him" thing so I had Chad call out to Zeus before he enters the bedroom and continue to talk to him when he gets into bed. No change in reaction.

So we tried that with an addition to a treat. No change.

He can definitely hear Chad in the other room as he'll start to growl as he enters the bedroom so it's not a hearing thing. The only time Zeus acts this way to him is this time of the night.

If it was a sight problem, I would think it would be overcome by the hearing Chad calling to him? I would like to get his sight tested for other questionable issues that have come up on a non-related issue, though.

It wakes me up when Zeus starts barking and I put him on the floor, ESPECIALLY when he snaps up at Chad. When he jumps back up on the bed, he's 100% fine with his daddy, so I'm really at a loss what it could be.

Has anyone experienced and overcome this?
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!