Thread: Pit Bull
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2012, 03:21 PM   #8
BLowry
My furkids
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyGirl Rosie View Post
I know there is huge controversy over the Pit Bull breed. I don't know how each of you feel about them. But I have a friend who has one. He is a big baby. Very loving to her and honestly don't think he could hurt a flea. She has put him through training and I have to say he is a pretty good dog. She told me today that her home owners insurance has dropped her. I asked her why. She was told she had to get rid of the pit or have no insurance. The only insurance that will take her is Farm Bureau. I guess I am a little shocked. She has never had a claim involving the dog. So, I guess my feeling is that I think there is some breed discrimination going on. I know that some pits have a bad reputation but does that mean that every pit is bad? And are pits the only breed that has had a history of this? I just think it is sad. She loves this dog and having to get rid of it is something she don't want to do. And wonder if anyone would even take it. Just wondering what your thoughts are.
I can only speak for my area....Pits are not the only dogs that you can get your insurance cancelled, not insured or a very high insurance. Rotties, Dobes, Shepherds, Mastiffs....any large breed that can "do damage". Spoke with a man a while back about dogs...said he has a chi and a pit...I asked him if his homeowners cancelled him he said no...but....pays 1000.00 more than if he didn't have one. I understand people who own pits and their love for this breed....I do believe that man has done a number on this breed...I have also heard of people saying how sweet and loving their pit is and then all of a sudden something snapped and they attacked their owner...a few years back, the town over from me, a pit attacked an 8 yr old boy and dragged him into the woods by his neck. A month ago a friends neighbor adopted a male pit...was very loving and playful...no signs of aggression...he was playing with the dog on the floor and the dog attacked him and mauled his face...not sure if they will be able to save his eye and it nearly ripped his jaw off he will need reconstructive surgery
...I know this breed gets a bad rap...and I feel bad about that ..but pits are a very powerful animal that can do alot of damage....just terrifies me...I am not bashing this breed....I have met loving sweet rotties and not so loving sweet rotties....same goes for all the other big breeds...

Last edited by BLowry; 02-11-2012 at 03:23 PM.
BLowry is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!